Thursday, April 27, 2023

Frost And Fog In The Morning

6:56

8:56

It's 7:40 and we are still fog-bound, so heavy that I can't see beyond 50 yards or so. And it's chilly, the car windows are frozen on a 32º morning. I am going to wait to see if the fog lifts some before I go out for a paddle.

Kayak Morning

Into The Woods

Paddling East

The Sun

Wednesday was a productive day, finally. I was up early for a good paddle, and was on my way to yoga by 9:40, after the blog and breakfast. The class was rigorous as always and afterward, I did not linger but came straight home because we were going to work in the yard, especially Evie's garden. It's just after 9:00 and I paddled in the fog for about 25 minutes, no wildlife obviously. 

So after lunch, soup and an egg salad sandwich, and an attempt at a nap, we both went outside and worked in the yard until 4:00. I was able to fix my purple Martin houses and put on my waders to walk it out to a pipe I pounded into the lake a couple of days ago. The scouts have already arrived so we might have martins sooner rather than later. Our neighborhood is rift with Martin houses as I count eight when I look out to our lake. Once that was done, we worked at cleaning out all the beds of leaves and other detritus, getting them ready for dahlias and other annuals. We ended up filling three trash pails with leaves and dead fall and I took them up the hill. Evie felt good about our progress and now it's time to start thinking about starting her dahlias in individual pots before planting them in June when the danger of a frost has passed. 

We celebrated our labor with a Manhattan, popcorn, and radishes with hummus. Dinner was easy, the leftover African stew and a salad. We watched our usuals, Jeopardy and Colbert, and ended the night with the beginning of Season 6 of ER. I am enjoying my novel, OHIO,  and will probably finish it today, all 500 pages. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...