Friday, April 7, 2023

Geese Honking, Sun Shining

6:44

8:35

It's 7:20 and I have been up for close to an hour, enjoying the morning sun. There's hardly a breeze this morning so I will be out kayaking soon. It has cooled off some, 35º and it will be more Spring like today with a high in the 40s, a striking contrast to Wednesday's high near 80º. It's 8:35 and I just returned from a rough paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back, with 1 to 2-foot waves and heavy winds. I am glad I am back home in my living room. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a typical Thursday I guess, skipping kayaking and going to breakfast in Bemus. Afterward, I finished the blog and drove to a crowded Yin Yoga class in Lakewood. I then stopped at Ryders and spent a half hour with the guys, a crowded day because a church group was meeting there for coffee. When I returned home, Evie had torn apart the kitchen and put it back together, her task for the day. For lunch, I had toasted cheese sandwiches with jam and heated up some Pho to go along with the sandwiches since I didn't have tomato soup. 

We then had our typical afternoon of getting a few things done but mostly relaxing, either reading, napping or watching TV. Evie spent an hour on the rebounder, she was in the groove.  Until the weather changes, that's our routine. Around 4:00, I went outside and pushed around a few more stones and then went for a walk through the VictoriaWoodlawn woods. It turned out to be a nice sunny, cool afternoon perfect for a short walk of 35 minutes. 

Victoria Creek

Victoria/Woodlawn

Fishing Off Woodlawn

Woods In Spring

We had an easy dinner so we could enjoy our wine time without much worry. Evie made schnitzel sandwiches with tomato and mayo and a salad and that was it, one of our favorite sandwiches by the way. We decided to watch what looked like a fun movie on Prime, Elsa And Fred, with Shirley Mc Claine and Christopher Plummer. What a disappointment, silly, overdone, and cliched. We were glad when it was finally over. We got back to our standbys, Jeopardy and ER, and were happy. I ended the night watching some NBA basketball for a few minutes before retiring to read and sleep.  

Moon Rising At 9:00 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...