Monday, April 24, 2023

Overcast With Morning Sleet/Snow

7:42

8:20

Spring Snow

A dull, gray morning at 33º, with hardly a breeze so it should be ok to kayak, just wear a hat and gloves when I get out there. And now, at 7:10 it's sleeting with fog so I may not get out there. It's 8:14 as I finish this. It's still snowing/sleeting and I skipped a morning kayaking. 

Sunday was a day to forget, at least in so far as getting in a hike or workout. It started well with a paddle as usual, our for 50 minutes and a few photos. We had our leisurely Sunday coffee, trying to decide what to do with our day. We finally decided to get some shopping done rather than walk the Chautauqua Institution, which we usually do on Sundays. Evie needed potting soil for her dahlias so we made the mistake of going to Walmart. Well, it was Sunday and I could hardly find a place to park it was so crowded. We did get what we wanted along with some dahlias which Evie said were usually hard to find. We then went to Wegman's, and shopped around for 15 minutes, finding what we needed. We ended the morning at Tractor Supply, where I picked up a couple of perches for my purple Martin house.

It was almost 1:00 when we returned home. Evie made me a breakfast bagel with an egg and cheese. I watched the final episode of The Mosquito Coast so I will be looking for a new series. Evie then put together our dinner, a Turkish favorite called Tas Kebab, basically a lamb stew with Turkish spices and tomato paste, easy and delicious. After I fell asleep while reading, I suggested it was still early in the afternoon so why not watch a film. We decided on The Bourne Identity, a good way to waste the afternoon, and that took us up to wine time and dinner. 

We ate at 7:00, the tas kebab served on top of mashed potatoes and we were both happy, devouring the stew, leaving nothing for my lunch the next day. And we thought why not watch the next Bourne film, The Bourne Supremacy. It was decent, not as good as the first, and had too many long car chases. I forgot how popular they were back in the early 2000s. We ended the night with The Diplomat which is getting increasingly stupid although the premise, an Iranian or Russian torpedoing of a British ship, and how to respond to it is interesting. Kerry Russell and her husband are ridiculous, so fatuous that we may not continue with the series. We were happy to end the night with another ER, what else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...