Friday, June 17, 2022

Back To Normal



Evie And The Birthday Girl

5:55

7:52

It's a beautiful June morning, the heat wave is gone, and so are the torrential rain and tornado warnings. At 6:30, it's 70º and will stay in the '70s the rest of the weekend. I have been up for an hour, enjoying the sunshine and cool weather. I paddled for an hour, my usual route, and it was a glorious morning on a calm lake, with blue skies, and a light wind. 

Kayak Morning

Bemus Bay

Paddling North

Red-Shouldered Hawk

For some reason, yesterday was about as miserable a day as I can remember here at the lake but I can't remember much anymore. It was hot and sticky all day and my paddle early morning was terrible, working up a sweat immediately and wanting only to get it over with. Fortunately, breakfast in Bemus was good, and my Yin Yoga class was about as crowded as I have ever seen it, perhaps because it was air-conditioned, much more pleasant than outside. Before yoga, I stopped and the Can Man, returning the returnable cans and plastic bottles. After yoga, I stopped at Spectrum Eyecare to get my glasses adjusted, then at Walmart to pick up a couple fly swatters (97 cents for two of those babies), oil for my boat, and some fishing lures, stuff like that. Walmart's parking lot was full by the way. 

When I returned home, Evie stayed inside, doing a few chores, smartly avoiding the outdoors. Lunch was the leftover lemon shrimp pasta and a gooseliver sandwich, an interesting combination. After lunch, I decided to nap in the bedroom because I could turn on the air conditioner. We literally did nothing the rest of the afternoon, other than watch the January 6th hearings, read, or listen to the radio.  

Torrential Rains

We started getting tornado and storm warnings around 2:45 and for maybe 20 minutes, we experienced torrential rains (1.5 inches),  and wind gusts up to 60 mph. Fortunately, there was no damage, the electricity stayed on, and as far as I know, no tornadoes in the area. 

Birthday Dinner At Jamestown's Chop House

At 6:00, Linda and Ron picked us up and Ron drove downtown to the Chop House, a relatively new restaurant on 3rd Street. It was Linda's birthday so we wanted to go to someplace special.  We had reservations at Stella's in Lakewood, by Linda received a call around 4:00, to say one of their staff had Covid and they would be closed Thursday night. Anyways, the Chop House was a good choice. We sat at a great bar, with a fun gal who bartender. We had Buffalo calamari for an appetizer, the steak specials, with truffle fries, for our main course. Everything was delicious and the restaurant was a good choice. We will go back. 

We didn't get home until 8:45 in time to watch another episode of Intimacy, a Spanish series and we were disappointed in the episode. Let's hope it gets better. We then watched a few minutes of the NBA playoffs, before going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...