Friday, June 3, 2022

Waiting

Rich And Linda, Our Great Hosts 

It's 8:25 and I am sitting up in a room in the Cleveland Clinic and Evie has just arrived to bring me home, hopefully, sooner rather than later.  All seemed to go well with the ablation and I can go back to the lake today.

Yesterday was a day of waiting, getting up at 5:30, and waiting to drive to the clinic for my registration for the ablation at 11:00.  Once that was done, we waited an hour and a half before they took me in and set me up with an IV.  I thought I would then be taken to get my procedure in the next half hour but it took at least four hours before I was carted off for various reasons, with many excuses from the staff. 

More Than Ready

So they carted me off at 5:00 and I told Evie to go back to Euclid since I was staying the night. She was able to have a fun night with my sister and her husband/chef, and a great pasta dinner with Linda's grandson and girlfriend.  I met Dr, Kanj briefly before the procedure. He seems to be well-liked; the receptionist told me he was the best and had saved her mother's life.  A couple of nurses told me he was one of the top cardiologists in the world, so I felt it I was in good hands. Once I went under, I woke three hours later in a holding room, somewhat uncomfortable but happy it was over and all went well. I had to stay there for three hours, supine, until they took me up to my room and I could get up and walk some. 

Pasta Night On Lake Erie With Jack, Haley, And Linda

The worst part of the overnight stay was not having my phone, computer, or Kindle.  I felt lost without them.  Fortunately, the NBA game was on so I was able to watch that.  When it was over, I was actually hungry at 11:30 and had a turkey sandwich and a ginger ale.  I then tried to go to sleep, finally was able to until I was awakened at 3:00 for a vitals check.  I then struggled to go back, and finally fell asleep until wakened again for an EKG at 7:00. I was awake then and have been up ever since. Despite the waiting, I have been happy with the staff, nurses, helpers, and doctors, everyone has been great.  I can not, however,  wait to get home.

Finishing The Blog And am Ready To Get Back To The Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...