Sunday, June 12, 2022

O What A Night

Neighbors Having Fun

6:00

Well, for once the weatherman was right and it's raining now, at 8:00. I decided to get out for a paddle at 6:45, hoping to beat the forecast and for once, it worked. I was out for close to an hour, shot the big three, an eagle, osprey, and heron so it was a good morning, 

Kayak Morning

Osprey

Eagle

Heron

Yesterday, Saturday, was a productive and fun day. It started with a nice long paddle and returned at 9:00 to a wife still sleeping. By 10:30, the trash was gathered and I was off on my weekly run to the Transfer Station, always a delight to get rid of the trash. When I returned home, Evie had the window washing cloths, sponges, and cleaner ready for me. So I wedged myself in between the house and rhododendrons, balanced myself on a small tippy ladder, and cleaned them. They looked spiffy until this morning when the sun rose and they looked terrible, smeary, and streaky. That's life.

This Morning At 8:00

By the time I was done and Evie had been busy working weeding in her garden, it was time for lunch. So I heated up a Ramen and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and started watching the Golden State win over the Celtics. I watched maybe the first quarter then retired to the couch, read, and napped, leaving Evie to weed. By 3:00, I finished watching much of the NBA game and decided to do something, so I cut our neighbor's grass, finishing in time to take a shower and be ready to leave for The Big Inlet Brewery and Uncle Ben's Remedy concert at 5:00. We got there early enough to find a parking spot and a table. 

Uncle Ben's Remedy

Rockin Out

It was good timing because the beer line was not too long and the band started at 6:00. We loved this local band and they have many groupies that follow them, even Apron Man, a crazy who we first observed at the Uncle Ben Concert last summer. He was the guy who ran around practically naked, wearing only an apron. Yesterday he kept his clothes on, 

Just Wanna Have Fun

We enjoyed our beers, occasionally jumping in the back of a long line for a refill. Fortunately, Evie thought to bring munchies, cheese, crackers, and pretzels so we were happy,  Just as the band started, it started to pour and continued for at least 15 minutes. Evie smartly was up getting beers under the roof and stayed dry. 

Beer Girl Safe From The Rain

The band was great, always energetic and crazy, and Evie and Barb fit in, dancing the early evening away while the guys swapped stories. The show ended at 9:00  and we were home by 9:20.  Evie made a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner and we watched a bit of TV before going up to bed, another good day at the lake.

A few more Great Blue Heron Photos and as you can see, I was able to paddle within ten feet without him flying off. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...