Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Still Cool And Lots Of Sunshine

8:36

Well, it's 6:45, and surprise, Evie's up as well, enjoying the early morning sun and coffee. She's just walked outside to look at her garden, always spectacular early.  High in the 70s again today, just the way we like it. I paddled for seventy minutes, and shot photos of an eagle and heron but am getting fed up with Amish pontoon boats moored in areas where I usually spot wildlife. 

Kayak Morning


Great Blue Heron Preening

Majestic Bald Eagle

Yesterday was also in the 70s with a light wind, a perfect day to be outside. I kayaked for an hour, then had breakfast, wrote the blog, and was off to yoga class by 9:00. The class was fine, lots of us again, and afterward, I stopped for a coffee and talked with another yoga friend, Paul, who just returned from sailing the Virgin Islands. I avoided shopping, returning home by 11:30. Evie was enjoying her garden and there is always something more to do. Lunch was a leftover sub sandwich and my show, Peaky Blinders.

The only change in our afternoon routine was a visit from a guy to check out our Bosch dishwasher which is not working properly.  He came around 2:30 just after my nap. After he left, Evie mowed half of the yard, then had enough and I washed the front windows but they still are streaky in this morning's light.

Long Point Trail

When Evie started her Zoom call with her sisters, I drove over to Bemus and rode my bike for an hour, along Lakeside Drive, through Long Point park, and back. It's my favorite ride because of the tree-lined paths and roads. When I returned, Evie was putting on the rice and I turned on the grill and in 15 minutes, we had delicious teriyaki pork chops along with salad and rice, our go-to meal in Hawai Nei where we were first introduced to teriyaki marinades in the late 1960s. We watched Colbert, then a couple of more episodes of Seaside Hotel.  I forgot to mention that we found one of the characters really annoying and were not looking forward to seeing him for eight seasons. Well, the writers must have felt the same way because they killed him off. We went to bed happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...