Monday, June 6, 2022

Top Of The Morning

6:21

8:18

It's a partly cloudy morning, warmer than yesterday, 55º, with a light wind, a good morning for a paddle. The lake is quiet, typical for the early part of June, with just a few fishermen out. It's 8:43 and I had a good 35-minute paddle and photographed my first heron perched in a tree.

Kayak Morning

A Great Blue Heron Napping

Sunday was another excellent day, with lots of sun, not too hot, and a  gentle breeze. I was bored early because I did not kayak, spending most of the early morning writing the blog, on my computer reading or listening to a podcast. Once Evie was up, we did a few things around the house and I suggested we go for a walk and she suggested we work on weeding the brick walk which was overgrown with grass and moss. Gues what 'we' means, moi, as I worked on it the rest of the day. I spent a couple of hours in the morning, another couple in the afternoon, edging and weeding and scraping, cleaning between and on the bricks, something I have to do at least twice a summer. That's not to say Evie wasn't busy because she was, working in her garden, watering, trimming, things like that, and I have to admit, if I had to work outside, yesterday was a good day for it. 

I took time out for lunch, one of my favs, a schnitzel sandwich with tomato and mayo, and finally finished six seasons of The Sopranos.  The ending just dropped the viewer off a cliff, as the family is enjoying dinner and as Meadow walks in to join them, the screen goes blank. Obviously, Tony was about to get whacked, end of the story. Early afternoon, I took a brief nap and started a new Dismas Hardy book. After I got tired of reading, I went back out and continued the weeding, whacking, edging, and then sweeping and I have to say, the brick path looks top notch. 

Pizza Sunday At Pace's

While I was busy, Evie mowed the lawn, watered her dahlias, and manicured our yard. By 5:00, it looked golf course worthy and we both took showers, gussied up, and went off to Pace Pizza in Jamestown with Linda and Ron. The place was packed so we waited for ten minutes before their outdoor patio opened up.  We had the usual, drinks, a meatball appetizer with sauce, and a large pepperoni pizza. It was a lovely night, a bit cool at first but then the wind died and we ended up closing the place, leaving for home around 8:00, a good night. We were happy to get back to our series and watched two more episodes of Borgen before bed. 

African Safari Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...