Saturday, June 11, 2022

Mostly Gray

6:56

It's after 9:00, Evie's still sleeping and I just returned from an 80-minute paddle. A few drops of rain fell but that was about it as I was able to photograph eagles and osprey who seem to hang out in the same area, around Sandy Bottom.

Kayak Morning

North

A Touch Of Blue

Eagle Enjoying A Fish

Perched

Osprey

Friday turned out to be a good day, lots of leisure but we also got some things done. After kayaking, we spent a good hour in the house, downsizing our clothes, gathering anything we have not worn in the past couple of years, and putting them in boxes to take to Good Will. It's hard to do, to get rid of something that brings back good memories but we were both in the mood to do it. We then went out to work in the yard, Evie doing some trimming and I did the edging around our maple and tulip trees.  The grass had grown to the trunks so it was not an easy task to get rid of the sod but I had it done by 12:30 and Evie had lunch ready for me, soup, and another goose liver sandwich with tomato and mayo. 

After lunch, Evie relaxed some and I read and napped as usual. By 3:00, however, the mower was gassed up and Evie was off, mowing our yard in stages.  Meanwhile, I took three pails of deadfall and weeds up the hill, then drove out to Tri James and picked up four baskets of mulch, much cheaper than going to Home Depot but I had to shovel it myself. I returned, spread it around the two trees and I was basically done with work for the day. I then relaxed in the yard, reading, occasionally with Evie as she took time out from mowing.

7:39

By 7:00, we were on our front porch with drinks, enjoying an appetizer of hummus and pretzels. It was another beautiful late afternoon of blue, skies and lake. For dinner, we had tacos that Evie had made earlier in the day and they tasted good since we have not had them in a while. We watched Colbert, Jeopardy, and The First Ladies before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...