Saturday, June 4, 2022

Home!!!

Kenya

7:49

It's 7:35 on a chilly but sunny blue sky morning.  When I stepped outside, it reminded me of a fall morning, with the crisp air and sunshine. I am going to skip kayaking for a couple of mornings on doctor's orders. I will occasionally be including photographs taken by my son-in-law Rami and daughter Beth while on their safari in Kenya. 

Yesterday was a very good day because I was home at the lake by 2:00. It started with a wake-up by a nurse to take my vitals, then a mediocre breakfast, a visit with the doctor, and then Evie arrived around 8:30, ready to take me home. Because it was not that busy on my floor, I was quickly released and on my way to Euclid by 10:30. We visited with Linda and Rich for an hour and then we were on our way, with enough of Rich's delicious pasta sauce and meatballs for our dinner. We stopped at the Ohio border for gas and couldn't pass up a Big Mac, fries, and a root beer. 

Once More To The Lake

We were home by 1:30 and were surprised by a few small, downed branches and a half-inch of rain in our gauge, good for Evie's dahlias. After unpacking, opening windows, and making sure the house was fine, I took a great nap, making up for my restless night. Neither of us had much energy so we just hung out, waiting basically for dinner time. And best of all, it was already made. All Evie needed to do was heat up the sauce and meatballs, boil noodles, and make a salad. Dinner was just as tasty as expected, with a great sauce and meatballs.  We watched the final episode of Under The Banner Of Heaven, a really interesting series, then Jeopardy of course before going up to bed early as both of us were tired from the past few days. 

Kenya



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...