Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Waiting For Drizzle

5:43

6:17

8:00

I was up at 5:30, to a pink sky but now at 6:22, it's overcast and light rain is predicted for the next hour.  I don't know whether to try and beat the rain or wait for it to get over. Decisions. So I checked two weather apps, but neither predicted rain, so off I went for a paddle around 6:45. By 6:55, it was raining of course, not too hard but it went on for ten minutes, enough to make me put away my camera, and phone, and take off my life jacket which, when wet, bursts open. I stayed out for 70 minutes and was rewarded with shots of an osprey just as I paddled home along Victoria. I checked the rain gauge when I returned and we got a quarter of an inch of rain overnight and this morning.

Kayak Morning

Clouding Up

An Osprey Stare Down

Monday was a decent start to the work as we got some things done but also had lots of large leisure. After my paddle, I wrote the blog and read some, then Evie and I worked some upstairs, packing all the clothes that we are giving away. This morning we will drop them off at home in Jamestown that wrote they needed them on a Facebook app for Jamestown called Buy Nothing. You can advertise what you need, or what you want to give away. I did a couple other things in the garage and house while Evie changed the sheets and did some washing. 

And that was it until lunch, a couple of egg salad sandwiches to tide me over until dinner. For much of the afternoon, we did not do much. Evie enjoyed the dock and I enjoyed a nap and read some.  Around 3:00, I drove into Falconer to pick up our lawn mower which needed a new throttle, and was home by 4:00, joining Evie on the dock for a libation as the lake calmed down. 

Dinner was restaurant-worthy, steaks, mushrooms, asparagus, baked potatoes, and a salad. We loved it.  We watched the last two episodes of The First Lady on Showtime and cannot recommend it enough. Both Gillian Anderson and Michel Pfeifer were extraordinary as Eleanor Roosevelt and Betty Ford. We ended the night with Jeopardy and some basketball. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...