Saturday, June 18, 2022

Cold And Breezy

6:51

Well, it's 7:40, the lake is filled with white caps so I don't think I will be going kayaking. I woke to our neighbor's boat bouncing against our dock, as poles, dock pieces, and the boat broke away because of the wind. I thought at first that someone had just tied up to our dock.  Fortunately, no damage was done and Dennis was out by 7:00, dragging the boat back to his dock.  Weather-wise, it's overcast and a chilly 50º. 

Boat Bouncing Against Our Dock

White Caps

Friday was windy and much cooler, with highs in the low 70s not the high 80s like a previous couple of days. So it was a good day to work in the yard and get a few things done. I did get in a nice paddle to start the day. By 10:00, I was out getting a few things done, taking deadfall up the hill and going to the gravel pit to get some stones and mulch.  I put the stones along the north side of our house where water seems to gather and mulched around the privets in the front yard, finishing up that project.  We then got a few things done inside, hanging up curtain rods and curtains in the blue room and hanging some maps on the wall, getting it ready for our kid's arrival in July. 

Evie made me tuna melts for my lunch and I started to rewatch the first season of Peaky Blinders.  I have forgotten enough so it's still entertaining. I then finished my book The Bangalore Detective Club, mostly interesting because of the setting in Indian culture in the 1920s when India was still The Jewel in Great Britain's Crown. I napped of course, then left for a doctor's appointment in Westfield. My foot was swollen and red so I came home with a week's dose of antibiotics just in case it was infected. Meanwhile, Evie did some mowin and worked in her garden.

6:47


We rewarded ourselves with Manhattans on the porch and good cheese. We watched the hummingbirds at the feeder, the osprey cruise the sky, occasionally diving for fish. I forgot to mention that a couple of days ago we watched a lumbering heron chase an acrobatic osprey, round and round for three or four minutes. It was such a beautiful late afternoon that we didn't want to come in for dinner.  By 7:30, however, we were enjoying hotdogs and macaroni and cheese, a quick and easy dinner. We watched our shows, some HGTV, before going up to read before bed. It was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...