Thursday, June 16, 2022

Another Hot One

6:02

7:03

It's just after 6:00 as I start this and it's already 73º, hot for us.  Guys were out early fishing, probably to beat the heat since it will get up to the mid to high 80s later today. It's 7:30 and I just returned from a hard, hot forty-minute paddle. It felt like I was paddling through sand for some reason and just as I pulled out my camera to take a photo, the heron took off. Not the best morning paddle. It's 9:00 as we finish this and I just returned from a steamy drive to breakfast in Bemus, my glasses clouding when I got out of the car. 

An Unpleasant Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a Chautauqua scorcher, reaching 89º in the afternoon. To say we didn't get much done would be fairly accurate. I kayaked for over an hour, on a surprisingly windy and choppy lake when I headed towards Tom's Point. It was still pleasant in the house so we had a leisurely coffee, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and were in no hurry to do much. Around 10:00, lI decided it was as good a time as any to finish weeding the privets and mulch them. It did not take me long, maybe a half-hour but that was enough to work up quite a sweat and convince me to stay in the house the rest of the day. We closed up the house mid-morning and it's amazing to see the difference between the outside and indoor temperatures. It was 89º outside mid-afternoon, but 73º inside.

Lunch was easy, the rest of the chicken salad club and I am looking for something to watch during lunch. I started a new book, The Bangalore Detective Club and I was not sure about it but once I got into it, I have been enjoying it. After a nap, I watched Evie take water breaks as she mowed half the yard, saving the other half for today. Mid-afternoon, I made myself some Turkish tea, following the Turkish wisdom that hot tea cools one on warm days. It hit the spot. By 4:30, Evie had made a lemon sauce for our shrimp pasta and both of us sat out in the shade of our side yard and enjoyed a spritzer and the late afternoon. 

Dinner was just what I wanted, creamy, lemony shrimp pasta with rolls and a salad. We watched the usual, Colbert and Jeopardy, then started a new Spanish series on Netflix called Intimacy, where a Spanish politician's career is threatened by a sex tape. It's not Borgen but we are enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...