Thursday, June 2, 2022

An Early Lake Erie Morning

5:55

Looking Northeast

Northwest

It's 6:30 and as usual, I have been up for an hour, sitting in my sister Linda's living room, overlooking a vast, gray Lake Erie, so different from my usual morning view of Chautauqua Lake. We are spending a couple of nights here because I am having an ablation for my afib at the Cleveland Clinic today. I will either stay in the hospital for a night or come home, depending on what the doctors decide.  I don't have to be at the clinic until 11:00 so I can have a leisurely morning, no coffee, water, or food, alas. 

Wednesday was a busy day as we were leaving for Euclid at 3:00 and Evie wanted the house and yard in order. I had a half-hour paddle, before returning because our granddaughter, Marisa, was leaving for the Buffalo airport at 8:30. Evie was up and we helped her get ready for her flight, to Chicago, then LA to see her brothers. Once she was on her way, we got busy both inside and out. Because Evie's garden needed watering and it did not look like it would rain much over the next couple of days, I watered it, the bushes and trees for close to a half-hour, drawing water from the lake. Meanwhile, Evie fired up the lawn mower and cut the lawn and I don't think it could have been much hotter nor more humid, making it a tough day to cut grass. 

For lunch, I had the leftover chicken and rice and got back to my series, The Sopranos, then read and napped before packing up, making sure I had everything I needed for a couple of days. We were on our way to Ohio by 3:00, arriving at my sister's just after 5:00, as the sky was threatening and it started to rain but only for ten or fifteen minutes, as the storm went south of us. We have not seen them in quite a while so it was good to catch up over a glass of wine.

5:53

7:01

For dinner, Rich grilled some delicious lamb chops and Linda made a salad, roasted asparagus and had parslied potatoes. It was just right, as we loved everything, especially the chops. We had ice cream with cherries, sat on the deck, watched the sunset, and were joined by their grandson, Jack, and his girlfriend, Haley,  both lawyers. We stayed up talking until 10:30 when all were ready for bed.

8:50




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...