Monday, June 13, 2022

Heavy Fog Morning

5:28

9:21

It's 6:00 and I can hardly see beyond the dock because of the fog, I have been up since 5:25, watching the fog get denser, Long Point disappear. It's 64º and will stay in the 70s before warming up quite a bit mid-week. It's now 7:15, still foggy although our neighbors, Tina and Jim, just paddled by our dock. 

5:48

Kayak Morning

Osprey

Osprey

Yesterday was a wasted day, at least for me, or a day of leisure, depending on how you want to define it. The only thing I did was get in a good 80-minute paddle and shoot a couple of interesting birds with my camera.  After that, all was leisure. For some reason, I had no energy and ended up going upstairs to read and fall asleep around 10:30, Evie, however, the busy bee, was making our dinner, a moussaka, so she had to roast the eggplant, make the sauce and put it together while I was reading or napping. 

When I came downstairs, it was time for breakfast, so I did up the dishes from Evie's cooking. She took time out from reorganizing our pantry to make a big breakfast, eggs, bacon, and home fries and we watched all of CBS Sunday morning. By 1:30, I was ready for another nap, so I got out my book, a sure soporific these days, and took another nice nap. Evie finished in the kitchen while I napped, then did some weeding in the garden before going out on the dock to enjoy some sun. I joined her and we relaxed and read the rest of the afternoon until it was time for dinner. 

We ate at 6:30 and the vegetarian moussaka was better than ever for some reason and I had to go back for seconds. With a salad and rolls, we had a tasty and filling dinner. We watched a couple of episodes of The First Wives as well as Bill Maher's Real Time, with an annoying Kellyanne Conway.  And that was it for the day and I couldn't wait to go to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...