Wednesday, June 22, 2022

72º At 6:00 In The Morning

6:03

8:23

It's 6:30 and all our windows are closed to keep the heat out, our version of air conditioning. It's a partly cloudy, windless morning on the lake and will get up into the 80s later in the day. It's 8:30, Evie's up and I just returned from an hour and twenty-minute paddle, over to Long Point, then to Tom's Point and home.

Kayak Morning

The Bridge To Bemus Point

Got An Itch?

Tuesday was back to routine for both of us, an early paddle and yoga for me, an afternoon of shopping for Evie. My paddle was sad because my camera's battery died. Yoga, however, was enjoyable, fun to be back in the saddle or mat on Tuesdays,  I dropped my bike off to be fixed after yoga and the guy called back in the afternoon to say it was ready so there were minor problems. I stopped at Evans and stocked up on booze, the one item that so far has not seen a rise in prices.  When I returned home, Evie was ready for her shopping afternoon so I bid her aloha, have fun, and I made my lunch, ramen and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  My afternoon rarely changes and yesterday was no exception. I watched Peaky Blinders while enjoying lunch, then read until I fell asleep, taking another good nap, one where I wake wondering if it's morning or afternoon,

June Phlox

Evie returned around 3:00, the car groaning with staples for our kid's arrival in July. I helped unload the car and then we both relaxed until I got fed up with doing nothing and went out on the dock, moved the buoys around and added another one, and went for a refreshing swim, which means it was cold initially. It did feel good and I am ready to start swimming or at least getting refreshed most days. While I was on the dock, Evie was having a Zoom call with her sisters. 

Hosta

Dinner was maple-glazed Brussels sprouts, rotisserie chicken, and a salad. Evie found another film she thought might be watchable on Apple TV+ called Palmer and we both liked it enough to give it a B. Justin Timberlake stars as an ex-con who develops a relationship with an obviously gay ten-year-old boy, picked on by his peers. We ended the night with Colbert and Jeopardy of course, 

I cannot in good conscience end without talking about yesterday's 1/6 hearings. Two women, both poll workers in Georgia during the 2020 election, movingly described the harassment they received from the Trump Tribe because Trump, with no evidence, accused them of wrongdoing. One of the women had left her house for two months for fear of the Trump gang's violence.  I am sure many will dismiss them as crazy black women but their stories brought Evie to tears, me to anger and frustration, both at Trump and his election deniers.  What kind of a country have we become where something like this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...