Sunday, June 5, 2022

Bored On A Beautiful June Day

6:21

It's another fine June morning, a cool 46º with lots of sunshine. I would love to be out on the lake but will wait for another day or two. I have been up since 6:00, reading the NYTimes, always depressing, then going to Books, which is more fun and interesting. I also listened to a podcast, The Book Review from the NYTimes. 

Hostas

Yesterday was a bore for me because I was supposed to take it easy for the next week, avoiding lifting, rigorous exercise, and things like that. So I basically spent the day hanging around the house, doing a few odd jobs but basically nothing. It was a gorgeous day besides, making staying around the house harder. I helped Evie with some in her garden, mostly watering until it was time to gather the trash. 

Around 11:00, Evie drove off to the Transfer Station, dropping off the trash for me, then driving to do some shopping for plants at Home Depot, and groceries at Wegman's. I watched the end of the women's French Open, won by Iga Swiatek, from Poland. It's strange how I used to pay attention to all the Tennis Grand slams but not much in the past ten or fifteen years. I also relaxed and did some reading, waiting for Evie to return home. 

By 1:00, I was enjoying a quesadilla, as Evie was home, the flowers were planted, the groceries were put away and Evie was out on the dock, enjoying the sun. By 1:30, I was napping, dead to the world for a good hour. The rest of the afternoon was easy for both of us, no work, just relaxation, either on the dock or side yard, reading, or on our devices. And, as I mentioned, it was an almost perfect June day.

Sunday Afternoon Blue

Earlier in the afternoon, I washed up red potatoes, getting them ready to bake and Evie pounded out the pork into thin cutlets and breaded them for Wienerschnitzel.  By 6:30, the schnitzel was fried, a salad made, the apple sauce out, and the potatoes prepped with butter and sour cream. It was a fine Saturday night dinner and we both went back for seconds. We were excited to watch the fourth season of Borgen, a Denmark political drama, one of the best on Netflix. We watched three episodes before going up to bed early, tired and happy. 

Beth And Rami's Safari In Kenya



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...