Thursday, June 9, 2022

Gray, Wet, And Windy

7:35

It's not a very attractive morning, the lake gray and choppy, with a strong westerly wind, and overcast skies. It looks like a good day to stay inside with a good book and think about summer. Last night, it poured at times and we got another inch of rain, good for the garden. It's 9:10 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus and it's raining again, a good day to go back to yoga. 

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day, a busy day as well. I paddled for over an hour and returned ready to help out in the yard. So after breakfast, the blog, and a short walk, Evie sent me to the store to pick up a few things and get gas for her lawn mower. I also looked around for an environmentally safe weed killer but could not find anything that might work. I will keep looking. By the time I returned, it was almost lunchtime.  So Evie made me a goose liver sandwich, with mayo and pickles, and warmed up the cauliflower soup.

I watched my show, read some, and napped then went outside to help Evie with the trimming, edging, and disposing of all the deadfall, leaves, twigs, and stuff like that. She had been busy while I was at the store and napping, so I had a lot to catch up on the work. I took a couple of trips up the hill to the wood pile, and did some edging, and trimming of privets and rhododendrons in our front yard. Around 4:00, Evie realized the Honda lawnmower would not shut off, the throttle no longer worked. Fortunately, we have an older Honda in reserve but I decided to drive off to Falconer to Hector's Honda and dropped the mower off. I have been there a couple of times and they are pretty good. 

I was home at 5:30 and Evie was putting together our dinner, a French curry with chicken, bananas, apples, and cream, a favorite over the past 50 years. It was tasty even though we usually make it with lamb. We watched a couple of episodes of The First Ladies on Showtime, then Jeopardy, and a couple episodes of The Investigation, a Danish mini-series based on the murder of a journalist. The series is a bit slow and frustrating but we will stick with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...