Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Marisa Flies To LA This Morning, Alas

A Great Blue Heron

6:19

It's 7:45 and Marisa and Evie are both up, Marisa packing and putting together snacks for her flights, It's already warm, 72º, and sunny, with hardly a breeze. I paddled for 35 minutes and was treated to an osprey diving twice into the water before flying up to its perch above the reeds.  What a spendid bird.

Kayak Morning

An Osprey

Yesterday was another warm one, a bore for me, fun for the gals. I had to drive an hour and a half into Ohio, to Madison, to get a Covid test before tomorrow's ablation procedure at the Cleveland Clinic. It took all of two minutes and I was on my way home, driving another hour and a half, stopping only for Subway, gas, and filling up two five-gallon cans for my boat. Meanwhile, the girls had been kayaking, over to Long Point and around its tip, having a grand old time until Evie discovered she couldn't get out of her kayak and had to tip it and go for a swim, the sides too high. on my kayak.  It was either that or wait an hour for me to return home.

Carp Spawning

Kayaking Gals

I shared a Subway sandwich with Evie before taking my afternoon nap and starting my new book, Copper River by William Kent Krueger.  After my nap, I used my siphon to gas up my boat.  

Don't!

For the rest of the afternoon, we sat on the porch, with a nice breeze to cool us on an 80º afternoon. At 5:00, we went for another long boat ride, over to the bridge and back, enjoying a pop or soda, depending on where you are from. After our cruise, I put the cover back on the boat, working up a sweat so I went for a quick swim, refreshing but initially cold. 

Happy And Relaxed


Boating With Marisa

Poseidon Rises

We had chicken, rice, twice-baked potatoes, broccoli, and a salad for dinner, with enough choice for Marisa's vegetarian cuisine. We then relaxed on the porch till, 8:00, watched Jeopardy then started a highly recommended film on Prime called Emergency. I hated it, it's stereotypes, vulgarity, and attempts to be both funny and woke. After 15 minutes, we all had enough and watched a German film from 1998 that I loved called Run, Lola, Run. It was a much better choice and neither Evie nor I remember much so it was like watching a new film. We were tired by 10:00 and went up to read some, then sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...