Wednesday, June 15, 2022

A Warm Southern Breeze

5:59


8:34

It's 8:42 and there's a nice breeze coming through our porch window. We are both up although I have been up since 6:15 and got in a 90-minute paddle, fighting my way to Tom's Point on a choppy, windy lake, then coasting home with the warming wind at my back. It's 70º at the moment but by dinner time, it should be in the high 80s.

Kayak Morning

My Osprey

Yesterday was a different morning for us.  After the kayaking, breakfast, and blog, we left for a doctor's appointment at 10:00 in Jamestown, with a new hematologist. What a difference from the last doctor, a know-it-all and bully. This doctor was young, listened, asked questions, and was thorough so we will be going back. After Evie's appointment, we dropped off two boxes and a plastic bag full of clothes we no longer wear. It was a sad stop, the house a wreck, windows boarded up, the front porch a virtual garbage pit. No one answered the door, so we left stuff on the porch but later received a thank you on Messenger. It's hard to believe families live in conditions like that.  We then stopped at Wegman's to shop and Home Depot to pick up another flat of wave petunias since our last batch died.

Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich from Wegman's and I finished my series, We Own This City. Since it was getting warm, we closed the windows and I fell asleep on the couch, after finishing my book, Hard Evidence which I really liked. By 3:30, we were both in the yard, weeding between the privets. The weeds were rampant and it took only a half-hour of pulling to fill a garbage pail. By then, we had enough and worked up quite a sweat. I even took a shower to cool off. 

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and we had the leftover moussaka, a salad, corn, and rolls for dinner. We watched a terrible movie from 1982 with a young John Travolta called Blow Out.  I am not sure why we stuck with it.  Probably because we had nothing else to watch. We ended the night with Jeopardy and Colbert, our old standbys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...