Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Chillin On A 50º Morning

6:10

8:15

Monday Morning

It's 6:45 and I have been up since 6:10, enjoying the cool morning, wearing my fleece to stay cozy. It's a clear sky and sunny morning, the living room bright and cheery.  It's 8:50 as we finish the blog. I had a great hour-long paddle although returning home was difficult because of the wind and waves. While I was kayaking,  Evie's been out in her garden, watering before it gets warm. 

Kayak Morning

Bald Eagle

Great Blue Heron

Yesterday was another fine day, cool and windy, but just the way we like it, without humidity and high temperatures.  I paddled for forty-five minutes, wrote the blog and we were off to Jamestown for Evie's doctor's appointment at 10:15. It was short and sweet and we were off shopping at Walmart for some reason, joining the hordes I guess, in an always busy store. We managed to spend over a hundred bucks somehow but who is complaining because I just ordered a new Apple watch since my old one's battery is dying. It would be hard for me to get by without my Apple watch which my son Tom gave me three or four years ago, 

We were home by noon and I had gotten an Italian sub at Briggioti's, a local, small grocery store that has great produce as well as flowers. Evie picked up a gorgeous hanging basket for our yard as well. I watched my show, enjoying my sub, and then finished my Dismas Hardy novel and started a new one, highly recommended called Vladimir, set in a small, northeastern college. Of course, I napped some while Evie was busy in the kitchen, making our dinner and a recipe of stuffed shells to freeze when our family arrives in less than two weeks. I helped as usual by cleaning up the kitchen. It was too windy and cool to sit on the dock so we tried the side yard before moving to the porch. Evie soon got bored so we set up our watering system, bringing lake water to Evie's garden via a couple of hoses and a sump pump. 

Monday Afternoon Sky

Amazing Clouds

Evie heated up the eggplant and pasta dish she made earlier in the afternoon, made a salad, and we had a delicious dinner.  Ever since we lived in Turkey, home of countless eggplant recipes, we have enjoyed it in many ways. We then settled down in our TV room and watched four episodes of Seaside Hotel a Danish series on PBS. We ended the night with Jeopardy and Everybody Loves Raymond for a laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...