Friday, March 11, 2022

Winter Snow Warning

 

6:45

7:04

7:05

It's 7:30 and the sun is up but a light cloud cover mutes its power. It's chilly out, 26º, and we may be getting a snowstorm, up to seven inches in the next 36 hours. I am surprised that no one is out on the lake fishing since it's been cold the last few days.  

Yesterday was a busy day, especially in the morning. I was up early and wrote the blog before I left for breakfast at 7:50. I heated up the car because of a frozen windshield before driving to Bemus for breakfast. As usual, we were the only patrons in the cafe. I was home by 9:00 and on my way to Yin Yoga by 9:40.  Once again, it felt like Spring had arrived, as class was crowded, 20 of us enjoying yoga after a winter of hibernation for many of us. After class, I did a quick run-through of Aldi's, picking up a few basics then drove to Jamestown and dropped off my taxes at a local office, not HR Block, sorry Tommy. 

I did not get home until 12:15 and relaxed until lunch was ready, the last of the cauliflower soup and a bagel with avocado and tomatoes. I finished Season Three of The Sopranos and have three more to go.  I had forgotten how long the series was popular.  I spent my afternoon reading and napping, then went outside and worked some in the garage, chipping the ice off the floor, making it safe to walk.  I finished my thriller, A Slow Burning Fire by Paula Hawkins, and started another called Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz. 

By 5:45, we were both showered and gussied up and drove to Lakewood to the Rod and Gun Club for the first time since June.  It was a quiet night, the least busy it's ever been when we were there.  We met friends, Jackie and Rick, and sat at the spacious bar enjoying a beer, catching up on their lives since we had not seen them since summer.  The dining room was less than half full, perhaps because the special was tuna, not exactly a favorite here in Buffalo wings city. I ordered the tuna, decent not great and Evie had the pork chops, two huge chops, so she brought one home for my lunch. It was good to see our friends who are heading off to Charleston, SC today for a couple of weeks, lucky guys. We did not get home until 8:45, in time to enjoy a bowl of ice cream and watch our shows before bed. It was a good day because of no doctor's appointments. Yippee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...