Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Overcast With Rain And Sleet

6:15

7:14

7:22

8:15

It's 8:20 as the rain pelts our windows on a 27º morning and roads could be icy in some areas.  Evie and I are cozy in our living room, however, watching the wind buffet the flag and surprisingly, a brief few minutes of sunrise before the clouds dropped the curtain.

Tuesday was a bipolar day, with a partially cloudy morning turning into a brilliant blue sky afternoon. We enjoyed the morning sky, a combination of clouds with hints of blue. I was up early to see a partial sunrise, then write the blog and have breakfast before driving off to Yoga at 9:30. It's nice to have something to do most mornings as long as it doesn't become something you begin to dread.  After eleven years of yoga, I still look forward to it. It's the blog, however, which I often dread but once I start writing, I am fine. The class was composed of three guys for once and maybe six gals/women whichever is correct. It was nice to walk out to sunny late morning and drive to Wegmans to do a quick shopping.  It was crowded as usual because it was 5% Tuesday.  They had lots of cashiers, fortunately, so I was out fairly quickly and home before noon, 

Early Afternoon Blue Skies, Blue Lake

I was looking forward to lunch because of Evie's onion rye bread. So I bought ham and cheese from Wegmans for sandwiches. I had two, on toast, and was a happy boy.  I watched my show, then read, and am finally into my book, Harlem Shuffle, and napped of course. Midafternoon, we watched four dock pieces float by, stuck momentarily on our neighbor's shoreline. Where they end up nobody knows. 

Woodlawn at 5:30PM

Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and I went for a walk in the Victoria/Woodlawn woods on a glorious late afternoon, the sun filling the woods with light, the sky a bright blue.  I walked just over a mile and it took me a half-hour, trudging through a couple inches of snow.  A few days ago the walk would have been through brown, leaf-strewn woods.  

Late Afternoon Shadows

Melting Snow

For dinner, we had leftovers again, yum, the pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes.  Colbert is back so we watched an episode as well as Jeopardy.  And we watched a touching movie called Tramps on Netflix, about two very different young people, both caught in a web of deceit, eventually find each other. It was a feel-good movie, finally, no killing, no sex, just a burgeoning relationship.  It was a good way to end the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...