Tuesday, March 1, 2022

In The 30s And Partly Cloudy

7:57

Some color in the sky off to the southeast but mostly overcast this morning. It's a warm 34º already and drizzle is forecast for later in the day, perhaps some snow overnight. Just a few ice fishermen are out at the moment despite the warming temperatures.  

Yesterday was a different morning as we were in Jamestown by 7:00, in time for Evie's appointment.  We were on our way to Wegmans by 8:30 and were pleasantly surprised at how empty the store was at that hour.  We zipped through the aisles and checkout and were home just after 9:00, in time to finish the blog and publish it.  

Blue Skies

Monday was a spectacular morning on the lake, with brilliant sunshine, blue skies, a lake of white.  For some reason, I decided to walk the lake rather than ski and was off by 10:30.  It was easy going, an inch or two of crunch as I walked down to Sandy Bottom and back, avoiding some of the icy spots where the snow had blown off. As always, it was great to be out on the vast whiteness, literally the only one of the lake, at least on this side. I was out for forty-five minutes and even worked up a sweat by the time I came home.

Stately Chestnut Hill 

My Better Side

Because I only had a banana for breakfast, Evie made me an early lunch, a cup of her soup and ham and cheese sandwiches on focaccia, a nice change. I decided to finish Jack Reacher on Prime and I only have a couple of more episodes, unlike the Sopranos where I have three more seasons. Once I was finished with lunch and my show, I was happy to enjoy my new book, Blood Hollow, the fourth in a Cork O'Connor series.  And, because I was up at 5:30, I soon fell asleep, taking a good nap.  

Ahoy Matey

Neither of us was very energetic so we wasted most of the afternoon, reading or watching some TV.  Around 5:00, Evie put together our dinner, a hopped-up version of tuna noodle casserole, with cheese, peas, ritz crackers, and other goodies. We relaxed with a libation while the casserole baked and once it was done, Evie made a salad and served it. It was yummy, a bit of culinary nostalgia.  We watched a boring Jeopardy, a good Hometown and Real Time with Bill Maher.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...