Friday, March 18, 2022

A Rosy Fingered Dawn

6:58

7:44

7:58

What a plus to have a sunny morning to wake up to.  Not a cloud in the sky, the sun full and bright, filling the living room, the lake with its light.  It's cool still, 41º and will warm up to the mid-60s.  

Like this morning, yesterday was sunny most of the day with temperatures rising by mid-afternoon to the mid-60s. It was a busy morning for me, up early, writing the blog before driving to Bemus for breakfast. I was home by 9:15, finished up the blog, and drove to yoga at 10:00. Unlike Tuesday's class of two, we had at least 15 students, most regulars. For some reason, yesterday felt like a coming out, to yoga and later to a coffee shop crowded with regulars who I had not seen in months.  After a coffee, I drove to Wegmans to do a quick run through and it was a good time to shop, the store practically empty, a couple check out lines open. What a pleasure to shop in that kind of environment.  Unfortunately, they were out of cabbage so I drove to Brigiotta's Grocery to pick up a cabbage for our corn beef dinner.

I did not get home until 12:30 and Evie had been busy, making a pot of her vegetable soup, getting our dinner prepped.  I bought a tuna sub for lunch so I was happy watching my show, feeling righteous for having gone to yoga and gotten our shopping done.  I am reading  You Belong Here Now, a book set in Montana on a farm in the early 20th century where a family adopts three orphans from New York City. I like it enough to stick with it.  Around 3:00, I was tired of reading and had taken a nap and wanted to do something.  So I decided to tackle the deadfall in our yard from the winds and snows of the past three weeks.  I was out for over an hour, filling three trash cans with deadfall, actually working up a sweat, and wearing just a tee-shirt.  It felt good to get a headstart on Spring clean-up. 

When I came in, I watched Iowa lose to Richmond, an upset, while Evie was getting our dinner ready.  Around 6:15,  I sliced the corned beef, and  Evie put the cabbage and veggies on a platter,  We served ourselves and enjoyed our St. Patty's Day dinner, wondering why we don't have it more than once a year.  We watched a film which was tough to watch called Mudbound, about racism in the South after WW II. The racial hatred of the white farmers, the hardscrabble lives of the blacks, as a result of racism and the legacy of slavery, was shocking to watch.  It's the kind of film all Americans should watch but would probably be banned in most schools in the South, especially Florida because it does not show white people in a favorable light.

Full Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...