Friday, March 4, 2022

Blues Skies, Brilliant Sun, And Cold, 11º

Frozen Trees On Bemus Bay

7:06

7:52

7:57

I woke at 7:10 and the sun was already filling the bedroom with its light.  I came downstairs, made my coffee, and tried to find a spot to sit where the sun was blocked by a wall.  I assume I will continue to play musical chairs to avoid the sunlight.

Thursday was happily back to routine.  I was up at 6:45, in time to write most of the blog before deicing my car at 7:50 and driving off to breakfast in Bemus.  As usual, we were the only ones in the cafe enjoying breakfast although a few came in for coffees to go.  When I returned home, we finished the blog and I got ready to go to a yoga class in Lakewood,  It was a crowded class as the numbers of Covid cases has dropped from the thousands to the hundreds, like most of the US.  It was like a Spring morning, where everyone came out from hibernation. I was out by 11:30 and drove to Runnings and bought a fleece I had been eyeing and a couple other things we needed.  

Lake Life

When I walked in the house. Evie had my lunch heating in the oven, a ham and cheese sandwich as well as the last of the tuna noodle casserole.  Both were tasty and I watched another episode of The Sopranos then adjourned to the couch to read and of course, fall asleep for a good nap.  Like me, Evie had a busy morning but we both had a leisurely afternoon, not worrying about either getting something done or dinner because we were going out.  

Snow Covered Samuelson Farm In Ellery

Last week, the four of us decided we were hungry for Asian food so we made a date for last night to go to the Tokyo Bejing restaurant in Jamestown,  So Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:00 and we drove to Jamestown in a gentle snowfall.  As expected, we were the only ones in the restaurant, like the last time we were there, as take out seems to be their business since Covid.  The owner is a pleasant guy and also was our waiter.  

Back At Tokyo-Beijing

I decided to order something different, a Bento Teriyaki Shrimp Box, Evie a Thai chicken, and Linda and Ron a Pad Thai. I think Evie liked her meal the best, the rest were happy but not ecstatic about our meals. I would not order the Bento box again because I missed the vegetables and a sauce even though it included spring rolls, soup, shrimp, sushi, teriyaki shrimp, and crab Rangoon.  We drove home in more snow so we had to take our time, getting back to the lake around 8:45. We then happened about a great documentary on HBO Max. It was called "Everything Is Copy" and it explored the life of essayist, novelist, screenwriter, and director Nora Ephron. We had forgotten how prolific she was as a director and screenwriter of films like Heartburn and Harry Loves Sally.  It's worth the hour and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...