Saturday, March 19, 2022

Waiting For The Ice To Melt

7:05

6:34

6:34

6:35

7:55

It's 7:30, a strange morning because we have both been up since before 7:00, watching the fog roll in, then the sunrise above Bemus Bay. The lake is still frozen except in areas where creeks drain into the lake and that's where we might find ducks and geese.  I hope to be kayaking within the week.

Yesterday was another warm one, well, warm for a winter day, with temperatures in the 60s again. I had nothing I had to do, nor did Evie so much of the day we just hung out, straightening things up, doing the wash, whatever. I did not get outside until late, 10:30 or so, after writing the blog, coffee, and finishing my book.  I had three pails filled with deadfall and leaves and took them up the hill to the woodpile for the first time this year.  I also made a big decision and put the snow shovels away in the garage attic and started to bring down some of the Spring stuff.  I hope I don't regret it. 

I had lunch at 12:30, a tuna sandwich, and Evie's soup and watched some basketball, then my show,  Evie, however, drove to Westfield to the doctor's office to get a steroid shot for bursitis in her shoulder which has been bothering her.  So far, it seems to have worked. While she was gone, I started a new novel, Razorblade Tears, and I immediately liked it, a best-seller already being made into a film. 

Warm Enough For A Long Point Hike

Around 3:00, I went back outside and raked the rest of our yard and our neighbors and filled a couple more pails with deadfall, and took it up the hill. It felt good to have the yard cleaned up somewhat, getting it ready for Spring and Evie and her lawnmower and the planting of dahlias. And it was a fine afternoon to just enjoy sitting in our living room and watching the action on the lake.

A Lost Fawn

On Thin Ice

We had an extended happy hour with good cheese and watched the sky change and a couple of geese seemingly skate on the frozen lake. Dinner was the leftover corned beef, cabbage, and vegetables and a cabbage salad with an Asian dressing.  Yum.  We broke down and spent six bucks and watched House Of Gucci on Prime.  Neither of us was taken with it, found it boring but stuck with it to the end. We seem to be severe critics lately, not liking much of what TV has to offer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...