Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Partly Cloudy Skies, With Light Winds


7:23

7:45

8:08

The weather has finally settled down some, as the heavy winds and blowing snow are yesterday's forecast. This morning the sun has just peaked out above the clouds and I see patches of blue skies, quite a difference from yesterday's threatening skies. It's still cold, 16º but may get up to the high 20s later in the day. 

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Yesterday was a windy, cold, snowy day so we had little interest in getting outside for a walk or hike in the woods.  Instead, we hunkered down most of the day, thinking about Spring and Summer.  We were both up early so the blog was done by 8:30.  I was anxious to do something, to get out of the house after being inside Sunday so I drove into Lakewood and went to Home Depot, to get information on refrigerators since we need one.  None are on the floor and the one we might want isn't available until April 6th which is not too bad.  I then did a quick run-through of Aldis before stopping at Ryders Cup for coffee. I sat down and enjoyed talking with a couple of the guys I haven't seen in months.  It was almost noon by the time I headed home. Just walking out to the car was brutal, the wind blowing snow in my face, practically knocking me over. 

Evie had gotten a few things done while I was gone and had my lunch ready, two turkey burgers leftover from Monday night's dinner and soup. I finally decided that Tony's visits to the psychiatrist is basically a filler whenever nothing is happening in The Sopranos. He's getting tired of it and so am I as I finish Season Four. I am struggling to find a book I like so I have started a couple and may stick with both, the Harlem Shuffle and Anton Myrer's Once An Eagle.  So that's how we spent our afternoon, reading, watching TV, and listening to the wind, as it kicked up snow, blurring our view.

For dinner, Evie pulled shells stuffed with chicken and cheese out of the freezer, heated them up, and roasted some asparagus with parmesan cheese.  We started another series, quit it after one episode because it was too ridiculous, and watched a decent movie called Paddletonn with Ray Romano. We also watched the end of the women's Final Eight game as UConn won in a double-overtime, a thriller.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...