Friday, March 25, 2022

Gray Skies, A Light Wind, Placid Lake



6:53

7:56

It's 7:37 and I have been up for an hour, enjoying a quiet spring morning on the lake.  Since the lake has thawed, lots of wildlife, especially ducks, flit around the lake's surface, landing and coasting.  It does not look like we will get much sun today, perhaps some precipitation later in the afternoon. It's 9:15 and I just returned from a long, hour paddle, down to Bootey Bay and back on a calm lake, a 36º lake morning.  

Kayak Morning

Wood Ducks Are Back


Duck, Duck, Goose

Yesterday, a Thursday if I remember correctly, was a busy morning, starting with breakfast in Bemus Point.  I was home by 9:15, finished up the blog, then drove off to Lakewood for a Yin yoga class, always popular.  On the way home, I stopped at Sav A Lot and picked up some yogurt and pork ribs, for a sauerkraut dinner sometime this weekend. Evie has been busy as usual while I was gone and was relaxing in the TV room when I returned home.

Lunch was the last of the squash, potato, and garbanzo bean stew, topped with yogurt.  I watched my show, then read and napped, finishing my book.  Around 3:00, I could not resist the urge to paddle the calm lake and went out for my first extended paddle of 2022, down to Wells Bay and back along Woodlawn, chasing ducks as I went.  It was amazing to be back out on the lake, a lake that was frozen up until a few days ago.

Kayak Afternoon

Northern Sky At 3:00 PM

A Handsome Guy

Neither of us wanted to fuss with dinner so we decided to drive to Stockton and have dinner at the Stockton Hotel.   We left earlier than usual, at 5:30, and found a seat at the bar.  It was packed with guys, Evie the only gal at the bar. We ordered sandwiches and fries and instead of a burger, I had a delicious beef on a kimmelwick bun.  It was a good choice and it was strange to drive home while it was still light out.

We spent the evening watching various shows, flipping to March Madness during commercials. We watched another episode of Suspicion, a series that reminded both of us of Money Heist as it's getting hard to believe. Evie went to bed early so I stayed up and watched some of the Arizona game before having enough basketball and starting a new book, Anton Myrer's Once An Eagle.

A Happy Twentieth Birthday To Our Granddaughter, Marlena




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...