Sunday, March 6, 2022

Winter Rain

6:51

7:05

7:40

8:36

I woke to 55º, overcast skies and rain. A few guys are out ice fishing on a slick, rapidly melting lake.  I wonder if this is it for the snow.  So far, we have gotten 152 inches, more than last year's 119 but nowhere near the record of 295 inches in 2008-09.  It's 7:40 and amazingly, the sun just popped out of a cloudy sky. 

Fishing In The Rain

Sitting On A Bucket

Saturday warmed up, making it feel like a Spring Day. I was up early, by 6:30, and because of that, I went to a Jivamukti yoga class at 8:30. It was basically a flow class with lavender and magnesium sprays and brief massages. After class, I stopped at Ryder's Cup for coffee and was happy to see paintings on the coffee shop walls by our friend,  Jackie Damore.  I liked one so much, a painting of the tip of Long Point, that was inspired by our blog photos (I think),  that I bought it, knowing Evie would love it.  After Ryders Cup, I did a quick run-through at Save A Lot and picked up some ground chuck for our meatloaf dinner. 

Painting Of Long Point

When I returned home, Evie had been busy cleaning, organizing, making a pot of Indian cauliflower soup, and gathering the trash for my trip to the Transfer Station.  I relaxed for a half-hour, then put the trash in the car and drove to the Transfer Station always busy in the morning. I had soup and a bagel with avocadoes and tomatoes for lunch and watched The Sopranos and a few minutes of college basketball.  And because I was up so early, I fell asleep while reading and napped for at least an hour, waking to a warm afternoon.  Around 4:00, Evie suggested we go for a walk, so we drove over to Long Point and joined the many dog walkers and families that were out enjoying the park, its trails and walking on the frozen lake.  As we walked out, we were pleased to hear the sounds of kids laughing and running on the frozen lake.  We were out for about 40 minutes and despite the temperatures in the 50s, the wind was cold.      

Icy Trails

Setting Sun

Ice Fishing Klatch

When we returned home, we watched the end of the Kansas/Texas basketball game then Evie put together the meatloaf and I washed the red potatoes and we put both in the oven for a good hour and fifteen minutes.  Instead of a salad, Evie braised some Brussel sprouts in some chicken stock.   We decided to watch a new series on Netflix called Pieces Of Her. It took watching the first episode and a few minutes of the second before we realized we didn't much like it.  So we decided to watch a new documentary called Lucy And Desi, a film by comedian Amy Poehler.  We really enjoyed it and it was fun to hear Jamestown mentioned as well as the Lucy Museum and Comedy Center, both in Jamestown.  We ended the night with Jeopardy as usual.  

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...