Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Feels Like Spring

7:05

7:09

7:28

It's 7:50 as we sit here, watching the sunrise then hide behind a cloud bank.  It's 36º as the lake continues to thaw but still frozen out in the middle. Not sure what today will bring other yoga this morning, perhaps a walk in the woods this afternoon.

Yesterday was a good day as I felt like doing something, rather than moping around the house.  So after the blog and helping Evie get a few things done, I spent a good half hour doing a yoga class with Adriene in the TV room.  Once I was finished, I had to decide whether to get in a bike ride in the morning when the sun was out or the afternoon when it was cloudy I decided to ride under blue skies so I drove to Mayville park, got on my bike and rode through Mayville, down Sea Lion Drive, on the Mayville Trail and back and was out for just under an hour.  I was winded, out of shape at first, but then felt better as I went along.

Biking Sea Lion Drive, The North End Of Chautauqua Lake

I didn't get home until 12:30 and Evie already had my lunch ready, an egg salad sandwich, and a bowl of her soup. Egg salad sandwiches are right up there with a BLT as a favorite so I was happy. I am getting bored with The Sopranos but will stick with it.  Once lunch was over, I was excited to get back to my book Razorblade Tears and take a nap.  By 3:30, the lake was too tempting so I put on a life jacket and hip boots, grabbed a paddle, and went kayaking around the shoreline, dodging ice floes for maybe 15 minutes. I could only paddle along Woodlawn as it was frozen otherwise.  It's amazing all the junk floating in the lake, detritus from creeks and streams.

First Kayaking Of 2022

We watched Ketanji Brown Jackson address the Senate and were impressed. Unfortunately, confirmation these days is about politics, not qualifications. I hope she makes it.  I also finished my book, really liked it, and started another The Man Who Came Uptown by one of my favorite crime novelists, George Pelecanos.  Around 4:30, Evie put together our dinner of squash, potatoes, and garbanzo beans, a vegetarian dish. Along with a salad, we felt good about eating a healthy dinner although we missed the 'meat.' We watched a couple of episodes of Suspicion on Apple TV+, Jeopardy and a fairly new show on HGTV called Rock The Block, where four designers compete in designing the same space. After that excitement, we went up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...