Sunday, March 27, 2022

Snowing On A Spring Morning.

7:10


Well, it's almost 8:00 and I have been up for an hour, waking to six to eight inches of snow, as forecast.  It's overcast and Long Point is just visible through the falling snow. It's 22º, should drop to the teens overnight and tomorrow, with a possible accumulation of four to six inches.  It's a good thing I got out the snow shovel out of the garage attic yesterday morning.

Woodlawn Under Gray Sky

View From Chestnut Hill

Long Point From Chestnut Hill

Saturday was a busy day, especially in the morning.  I went out for a long paddle, in light snow, scaring off numerous rafts of buffleheads.  After breakfast and the blog, then, I gathered up the trash and took it to the Transfer Station.  Meanwhile, Evie was busy in the kitchen, putting together two dinners, both of which will probably be good for leftovers as well.  After helping clean up, I went for a walk through Victoria, ending up at Chestnut Hill, with its amazing views of the lake.  I finished my walk in the Woodlawn woods.  During my walk, the sun came out twice, and it snow or sleeted twice.

Victoria/Woodlawn

Before The Snowfall

Fallen Leaves

For lunch, I had a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches, with jelly and watched my show, The Sopranos.  Tony has just beat up and killed Ralphie and Christopher is confronted with his heroin problem.  I am still watching Season Four. Since we had a busy morning, especially Evie, we enjoyed an afternoon of leisure, reading, napping, watching some TV, waiting for the snowstorm to begin.

Around 4:30, we watched the end of the St Peter's game which I had taped from Friday night. We then sat in the living room,  listening to the news, and watching it snow until it was time for dinner.  Evie had already made a fattoush salad with pita bread before frying up spicy Turkey burgers. The salad was great, the turkey burgers decent.  We decided to watch most of the Villanova/Houston game before turning to Bill Maher's Real-Time.  We ended the night with two more episodes of Pachinko which we both really like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...