Saturday, March 26, 2022

Get Out The Snow Shovel

7:40

8:38

8:57

It's a quiet, gray morning on the lake, a few buffleheads are floating by and we may get 8-15 inches of snow tonight and Sunday morning. Today looks overcast, with temperatures in the '30s but Sunday, it will drop to the teens,  Where went Spring?  It's 8: 45, Evie's still sleeping and I just returned from a forty-five-minute paddle in a lake sky filled with snow flurries. I loved it. 

Paddling In The Snow

Eastern Sky

Threatening Northern Sky

Heavy Clouds

Friday was an uneventful day as neither of us got in much exercise.  No hiking or yoga, however, I did get in a good hour paddle in the morning.  After the paddle and blog, we did some furniture moving and cleaning upstairs, as well as organizing the attic, a mess after the winter.  While Evie talked with our daughter Beth, I watched some of March Madness from Thursday night's games since I saved all of them.

New House On Wells Bay

Woodlawn This Morning

Lunch was a bowl of ramen soup and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I watched just part of The Sopranos because I had to be at the Subaru dealer at 1:00.  The struts for my tailgate had just come in so they put them in but I still have the motor on backorder. Both, fortunately,  are covered by a warranty.  I usually walk when I have work done but it was gray and raining so I sat around, reading and watching TV. And like many dealers, their lot seemed empty, hardly a new car in sight.

Mallard Perched On Our Neighbor's House

I shopped at Tops after getting my car fixed, picking up a few things for our dinner, and did not get home until after 3:00.  The rest of the afternoon went quickly.  I read, made a pot of tea, watched a few minutes of TV then helped Evie in the kitchen while she made our dinner, chicken enchiladas with a cabbage salad and salsa.  We finished our series, Suspicion, and I wouldn't recommend it, often far-fetched and confusing with a modern theme, the lies the business world tells to make money.  No surprise.  We ended the night with a series on AppleTV+ called Pachinko.  I loved the novel and couldn't wait for the series to start. It's a multigenerational story of Koreans suffering under the control and racism of the Japanese during the 20th century.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...