Sunday, March 13, 2022

12º And Overcast

8:14

8:55
Well, at least it's not snowing this morning, just cold as heck. It looks as though that's it for snow for the rest of the week although we may get a few flurries later today. And typical of the weather of this time of year, it may get into the 60s by Wednesday or Thursday. 

Saturday Morning

Blowing In The Wind

Yesterday it felt like we were living in what I assume Antarctica would be like, with lots of snow, heavy winds, the kind that raise clouds of snow on the lake, and gusts that shake the entire house every so often. So it was not exactly the kind of day to go outside and enjoy the outdoors,  Unfortunately, I had to go to the Transfer Station so I pulled on my waders and in the swirling snow, cleared the six to eight inches of snow off our parking area and car then drove through a snowstorm to the Transfer Station to get rid of my trash.  And that was it for my excursion out in the winter wilds of Chautauqua Lake.

Snowing  And Blowing At Long Point 

A Respite From Wind

We were both up early, wondering how much snow we received overnight.  And I was in no hurry to get outside and clear the parking area so we had our coffee, wrote the blog, and listened to some of the depressing news until I went outside.  My duties were done by 10:30 and by 11:00, I was ready to practice yoga so I spent forty-five minutes with Adriene, on YouTube, working on my lower back and core, a good class.  While I was practicing yoga, Evie was beginning to prep our dinner by roasting a couple of eggplants in the oven, getting them ready to make moussaka later in the afternoon.  We had saved the pizza from Wednesday so I had a couple of pieces for my lunch while watching some basketball, then the Sopranos. I then read some, napped and watched more basketball.  Around 4:00, Evie put together the moussaka and put it in the oven, worrying that we might lose electricity because of the heavy winds. So everything was ready when we decided to eat at 6:15, sourdough rolls, a salad and the moussaka, as good as one could find in any Turkish Lokanta or Greek Taverna. I wonder why we don't make it more often.

Late Afternoon Blue Skies

Evie picked out a movie for us to watch called The Bombardment.  Set in German-occupied Copenhagen, it recounts the accidental bombing by the Allies of a French School for Girls, during the end of WWII.  It's a harrowing film about collateral damage (86 girls died) as a result of war.  It certainly paralleled what's going on in Ukraine. We ended the night with Real Time With Bill Maher, then Drive-Ins, Diners, And Dives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...