Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Parly Cloudy And Warming

7:27

7:45

7:45

8:05

It's 8:15 and I have been up for an hour, wasting my time on Facebook and reading the various newspapers online.  The eight inches of snow from Sunday melted yesterday as the temperatures were up in the low 60s on a sunny day.  Spring is coming; we can see it, feel it in the air, I will be kayaking in a couple of weeks and can put away the cross country skis and snowshoes, alas.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, sunny though and warm enough to just wear a fleece.  We had an easy morning as we did not have anything planned.  By 10:40, however, the blog was done and we had our coffee so I decided to go for a hike in the Long Point woods, a good choice. There was a path made by skis and snowshoes so I was able to hike easily hike for an hour, the sun and blue skies filling the treetops. I was the only one in the woods and no one was out fishing, both a surprise because it was perfect weather for both.

Long Point Trail In March

I got home Evie was busy getting a few things done, not quite Spring cleaning but close. I was hungry so I heated up a soup, a Pho from Costco recommended by our daughter Beth.  And with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich,  I was happy,  I took a brief nap, then drove to Mayville for my Medicare Wellness appointment. They checked, my eyes, weight, cognition, whether I have been depressed or abused. Things like that.  I was in there close to an hour, waiting to finally see a doctor. Medicare Wellness Exam preventive, and is probably a good idea for most people, especially if they never go to the doctor and it's free. 

I was home by 3:30, worked a bit in the yard picking up deadfall from the heavy winds over the weekend. We then took it easy until dinner time when Evie heated up the leftover moussaka and made a salad. The moussaka was just as good as the night before and there is enough left for my lunch today.  We watched the usual then started a series on Apple+ called Severance, a bit futuristic and mind-blowing but interesting. We will stick with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...