Monday, March 7, 2022

Morning Drizzle

7:03

Ready To Kick Back

It's just 7:00 as I start this and I have been up for an hour, listening to the drizzle on the roof on a gray, 36º morning. No action of the lake, a slick gray expanse, as the ice continues to thaw. A siren just went off making me wonder what emergency it heralds. I hope it's not ice fishermen in trouble. 

Yesterday was unseasonably warm, with temperatures in the 60s and wind gusts up to 50 or 60 miles an hour so it was not the best of days to be outside despite the warm weather.  We did not plan on anything as a result and enjoyed our usual long Sunday morning coffee, listening to CNN usually.  By 10:30, I was antsy and wanted to do something so I thought I would drive to Mayville and walk the asphalt trail because it would not be icy. It wasn't for the most part but the wind was so forceful that I feared for my life as it kicked up branches, dust, and water when I walked into it.  I had enough after 15 minutes and was happy to head home.  So instead of a walk, I spent forty minutes doing Yoga With Adriene and then had a great breakfast, avocado toasts with an egg and hot sauce.  We watched another interesting CBS Sunday Morning and that was it for the rest of the day except for Evie making chocolate chip, pecan, and oatmeal cookies mid-afternoon to assuage our need for something sweet. 

I finished my book Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty.  It's about a tennis family, the parent's coach, the kids play and their relationship as the kids get older, the parents retire. It's much more than that as the kids and parents struggle to make sense of their lives. And the very end has an interesting twist. 

Dinner was easy so we relaxed for an hour, listening for the news until 6:00 when Evie heated up the meatloaf and fried up the leftover red potatoes, and topped them with cheese. With a salad, we had another good dinner.  We watched a home improvement show, then decided to start Billions on Showtime. We enjoyed the first five seasons and were interested to see where they go with the sixth. Axe has sold the company to another hedge fund manager, Mike Prince, who is intent on changing the dog-eat-dog culture or so it seems. So far, we are not taken with it but will stick with it for a couple of episodes.  We went to bed early and I started a new book, A Slow Fire Burning by Paula Hawkins.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...