Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Ah Spring: Heavy Winds And Rain

7:20

7:21

7:34

The southerly wind is howling this morning, the flag flying and the lake is open, with white caps, except for ten yards of ice floes along the shoreline.  Once it moves on, it will be kayak morning for me.  It's 38º and looking ahead, it's scary, as the temperatures drop to the low teens with snow over the weekend. Better get my snow shovel back out of the attic. 

Buffleheads

Tuesday was a busy day for both of us which we like as long as it's not too much. For me, it was a morning like most others the past eleven years, getting up early, writing the blog, having my granola with yogurt and blueberries, then driving off to a good yoga class in Lakewood. My routine has not changed much over the years except during the Covid epidemic. 

Wood Ducks Have Arrived

I was home by 11:30 and Evie was ready to roll, as she was going shopping at Wegmans and getting her hair done in Lakewood.  Fortunately, she had my lunch out,  veggie soup, sardines, and a bagel to toast. I heated the soup, took the lid off the sardines, toasted the bagel and smeared it with cream cheese, and topped it with a tomato, a tasty lunch. I then watched my show, read some, got bored and watched more TV, and napped briefly.  Evie did not get home till after 3:00, the car loaded with groceries. I helped empty the car and put the groceries away then around 5:00 when she started a Zoom call with her sisters. I made myself go for a walk through Woodlawn woods. It was a strange walk, the woods floor brown with leaves just a few weeks after being covered with a foot of snow. Now,  shoots of green have begun to rise. 


Woodlawn Woods

Dinner was easy, clean some Brussel sprouts, simmered in chicken broth, heat up the lamb meatballs and orzo and make a salad.  We were excited to watch an Academy Award-nominated film, Licorice Pizza. Like House Of Gucci, it was a mistake only a bigger one. We hated it, maybe that's too strong of a word and I should have said we disliked it. The worst part was its length; it went on and on, and we kept hoping this scene was the end but no, on it went for 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 90%, the audience, 65% -- maybe we are not very discerning?  But what a waste of six bucks. I was happy to get back to news in Ukraine, that they seem to be holding their own against the Russians. 

Bye, Bye Ice


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...