Thursday, May 20, 2021

Winding Down

 

6:06


6:23

It's 6:30 and I took a brief walk on the beach, the sun hidden by a cloud bank until now.  So I only took a couple of morning photos.  It's starting to warm up here, 61º already, with a high later in the day of 79º, still not as warm as Chautauqua. It's now 9:00 and I have been out for coffee, watched a bunch of guys surf at Surt City beach and both Drew and I are waiting for our wives to wake up. Waiting.

Catching A Wave


Morning At Surf City Beach

Yesterday was typical for our days here at Topsail, with little change. I had my coffee, drove to Surf City, bought another cup, and watched the surfers.  I was home by 8:30, wrote the blog and waited for the group to get up.  Eventually, the blog was posted, Evie and Jill were up and the girls had taken off to get either smoothies or coffee at Surf City, a daily ritual for them.  Drew had numerous business calls but the adults all were on the beach by 11:00.  And we stayed there much of the day with breaks.  I did some body surfing before lunch, making sure I was in the water at least once a day.  For lunch, I had a leftover burger and then took a nap.




I rejoined the sunbathers although the girls seem to spend as much time in their room as on the beach although the mornings are taken up with virtual classes.  We went for a couple of walks when we got bored with reading or trying to snooze.  Drew and Hayden had fun boogie boarding and it was great to see her finally enjoying the ocean. I finally finished my book, Thin Air and started another Louise Penny.

Hayden

Drew

By 5:00, we were off the beach, chairs stored on the deck and everyone was showering and getting semi dolled up since we were going out to dinner at Daddy Mac's Beach Grille in Surf City.  It's a popular place and we found out how popular when we had to wait close to an hour for our table.  Fortunately, we sat on the beach landing with drinks so the wait was not too onerous.  

Jill's Family

Waiting At Daddy Mac's Beach Grille

We got a table outside on their covered patio, with a view of the ocean,  We had calamari and a baked crab and cheese appetizer.  Everyone ordered something different although most ordered some kind of seafood.  Evie ordered shrimp and grits and I had shrimp and crab over linguini, both good.  Even though we took home doggie bags, we stopped for ice cream and somehow found room for a cone or cup. Because we did not get home until 9:00, Telefunky was limited to four hands with Halle and Mac winning, to end the night.  Doing little but sit in the sun is tiring so we all went to bed at 10:00.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...