Sunday, May 30, 2021

Cloudy And Cold


r ]
 Our Granddaughter Marisa Graduates From Highland Park HS, TX

Our Granddaughter Marlena Graduates From Lees Summit West HS, MO

We are so proud of our granddaughters, as both graduated in the top 5% of their class.  Marisa will matriculate to Vanderbilt, Marlena to the University of Arkansas.

6:20

Well, according to my weather app, it's supposed to be raining but it's not.  It is, however, a chilly 45º out, with a whisper of wind so that I will be kayaking.  So far, the lake's empty, no fishing boats but they will come. It's 8:45 and I was out paddling for forty-five minutes.  I  ran into our weekend kayak friends, Tina and Jim, up for the weekend. And as I was talking with them in front of our dock, Nan, our financial advisor from Cleveland walked out on the dock, up for the day for paddling on her new board/kayak and she wants me to try it. It looks cool, a combination of a scull, a paddleboard, and a kayak.  

Kayak Morning



Kayaking Mates, Tina And Jim

A Partially Hidden Great Blue Heron

Yesterday was another wasted day, at least as far as getting something done in our yard.  It rained much of the morning and was overcast and windy and cold the rest of the day, making it unpleasant to be outside, Our major job for the morning was to gather all the trash and take it to the Transfer Station.  I then drove to Mayville, to Evergreen Outfitters, to see if they had any luck with finding me a seat for my old Pungo kayak.  Unfortunately, everyone seems to be out of parts or they no longer make a seat for this kayak so I am not sure what I am going to do.  I may have to jerry-rig something or get a new kayak. It's frustrating and for others because when I go online, other Pungo kayakers have the same problem.  

While I was gone, Evie put together a vegetable soup with leftovers from our dinner.  I had it for lunch along with a tuna sandwich and watched some TV before reading some and taking a nap.  I have to use antibiotic eye drops four times a day, use a lid wash twice a day and wear a plastic patch over my eye when I sleep.  That keeps me busy, gives me something to do. When I woke, Evie was watching a cornhole tournament on TV.  When it ended, we started to watch a film from 2009 called The Taking Of Pelham123 with Denzel Washington and John Travolta.  So we watched it the rest of the afternoon, a good film for a Saturday matinee.

We enjoyed a cocktail around 6:00, with chips and two kinds of salsa, and listened to music on Sonos, particularly 21 Pilots' new album until 7:00.  Neither of us was that hungry so Evie fried up a couple of Italian sausages and with soup and a salad, we had plenty to eat.  We watched another Jeopardy and The Handmaid's Tale before going to bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...