Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Chautauqua Gray Morning

7:27

It's chilly, 44º, overcast with a light wind and I don't think I will get in a paddle.  It is just not inviting this morning or I am lazy.  Only a few rafts of birds highlight the gray of the lake.

Male Cardinal

Yesterday I got back into a routine, starting the day with a paddle and photographs of lots of waterfowl, a great way to start my day.  After the blog and breakfast, I went to yoga and the studio is beginning to edge back to normal.  Julia is back after 17 months of absence which was nice.  We had seven participants as the numbers edge up each week. I stopped at Tri James and order six yards of gravel for our driveway and road which has been devastated by the plows this past winter.  

Female

Lunch was the leftover chicken soup which Evie had thawed and a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches.  She left for a hair appointment with Jaret at 12:30  then did some major shopping at Wegmans's, as she beginning to store up on staples for our summer when the family arrives. I  read some, watched my show then drove off for an appointment with the dermatologist where I had minor surgery, removing another melanoma in situ on my back.  It took about 20 minutes and I was on my way home, stopping at Rite Aid to pick up some waterproof bandaids for my incision.  

Waiting For Momma

Evie did not get home till 4:00, the car groaning with her purchases.  I helped carry them in and she spent a good 20 minutes putting things away until it was time for her Zoom call with her sisters.  They talked for over an hour and I sat in the TV room, watching my series and reading, waiting for dinner time.  We had amazingly tasty Brussell sprouts, with baked potatoes, salad, and chicken for dinner, easy and good. We watched Colbert, Jeopardy, and an episode of Bloodlines before ending the evening with an episode from Off The Grid where they built a  cob house, an old method of combining clay, sand, straw, and water. It was fun to watch a group of maybe 20 volunteers spend five weeks building the house.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...