Sunday, May 9, 2021

Chilly, Partly Cloudy Skies, With Rain To Follow

6:39

It's 7:50 as I sit here, still fighting a cold, with occasional coughing jabs, nose-blowing, and fatigue. Still, I have felt better each day although I am not ready to go paddling or for a bike ride.  I was up at 6:30, had my coffee, read and watched the sky change colors.

Yesterday was another day of sitting around and feeling sorry for myself and doing nothing.  Evie made me scrambled eggs for breakfast to perk me up and it did as I gathered up enough mojo to take the trash to the Transfer Station while Evie made another tray of chicken tetrazzini.  That trip was it for the day for me as I moved from one couch to another, either to read or watch TV.

For lunch, Evie made me a sandwich and I finished off the matzo ball soup then went upstairs and took a good nap, tired from my morning of doing nothing.  Evie seemed to catch my mood and sat in the TV room part of the afternoon, wasting the day until about 3:00 when she suddenly arose, went outside, weeded the garden for a half hour then cut the lawn, like Wonder Woman.  It looks great and there's nothing like the smell of cut grass and the green of Spring on a sunny afternoon.

7:10 pm

Dinner was already made, chicken tetrazzini, so with a salad, we had dinner and watched Real Time With Bill Maher, then two more episodes of When Angels Fly which took a surprising turn.  We are not sure how to feel about the series but will watch it to the end. I spent a good part of the day reading John Grisham's new novel called Sooley, about an 18-year-old kid from Sudan, his family devasted by war and living n a refugee camp, who captures the imagination of basketball fans by leading his team to the Final Four. The story alternates between his life getting acclimated to a small black college in North Carolina and his mother and two brothers who are living in a tent in a refugee camp in Uganda. a bit of a contrast to say the least. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...