Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Feels Like An Autumn Morning

 

6:02

6:11

6:28

8:08

It's 7:00 and when I woke at 6:00, the skies were overcast but a few minutes ago, the sun rose above the clouds and filled out the living room with sunlight.  The chilly air reminds me of a fall morning, clear and crisp.  I am feeling better each day although I still have an annoying cough but at least I can do things like go for a paddle this morning. Yippee.  It's 8:10 and I was out kayaking for 50 minutes, down to Sandy Bottom and back, and I was able to get a couple of photos of herons, partially hidden, high in a pine tree. Yesterday, I mentioned that we had not seen any purple martins in weeks.  Well, as I paddled home, I could hear their song and they were checking out our houses, fluttering around each apartment, trying to make up their mind which one was best.  

Kayak Morning In Blue

Into The Sun

A Great Blue Heron

Yesterday morning I was back on the lake for the first time in at least a week and it felt good even if I didn't.  When I returned, I wrote the blog, Evie picked out the photos, edited it, published it, and then I had breakfast.  We were not sure what to do with our day as it depended on the weather.  Evie still had lots of potting to do so she started with that mid-morning and I drove off to Mayville to return a package to Amazon.  When I got back, our friend Linda stopped over to wish us a bon voyage on our trip to Topsail.

Early morning, Evie had put together a pot of veggie soup, thinking it would be just what I needed to make me feel better. So I had a bowl of soup and a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes and watched my show.  I have started four books at the moment and none have grabbed me enough to continue with them, alas.  I think I am getting jaded.  So instead of reading, I took a nap, another good one, the kind where you wake up not knowing where you are.  I had enough energy after my nap to cut the front yard while Evie finished up with her potting of dahlias and they fill our back porch, safe from a frost.

At 4:30, Evie prepared our dinner, chicken picata and rice and finished it just in time as her Zoom call with her sisters' began at 5:00.  While she talked, I surfed various TV apps and ended up watching the first episode of The Rockford Files on Roku until I got fed up with four commercials in a row.  I thought it was commercial free.

Around 6:30, we had a great dinner, love chicken picata, nice and lemony and we watched Colbert intereview both Jake Tapper who has a new book out and Billie Elish who has a new album.  We then finished the night with Emily In Paris and its ending leaves the viewer waiting for Season Two. It's predictable fluff but entertaining, especially Emily's outfits, the most interesting part of the series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...