Friday, May 14, 2021

Heading East

6:05

6:10

It's early of course, another beautiful day begins and we are excited to drive to Virginia, to our daughter's Jill's house today, to Topsail Beach, NC, tomorrow, Gas Willing.  

Yesterday, like all days before a trip, was busy.  It was made worst by the uncertainty as to whether we would be able to get the gas needed to get to the beach.  I actually called a gas station in Virginia where we always stop because it's also a store and fruit stand.  They said the gas truck had just left so they should have plenty of gas tomorrow. So that made up our minds as did the fact that some stations were reopening yesterday afternoon near Jill's home in Bristow, VA.  Enshallah. 

So yesterday began with breakfast, a paddle, and then helping Evie trim some privets.  Then we both spent a good part of the morning deciding what to bring to the beach, making sure we had did not overpack as usual.  Because I was getting my stitches out, Evie cut my hair so that I could shower and get ready to leave after my lunch.  Evie fried up some potato cakes and I had them with the last of the chicken piccata. I left at 12:45, dropped off some returnables, washed the car, picked up some cash from the bank, and arrived at the dermatologist on time.  It's a busy place, at least 15 patients were in and out while I was there.  I got my stitches out and was told I could swim in the ocean, that salt water was good for my wound.  

I then did a quick run-through at Wegman's, picking up a few things we might need for our trip,  When I returned, Evie was out mowing the lawn, getting it ready for our exit.  We then started packing the car and seemed to have less room than usual.  I knew Evie was tired since she also made a pound cake to take with us.  I volunteered to go pick up a pizza for dinner and she was more than happy to agree.  I was back by 6:00 and we were both hungry so we ate earlier than usual, having our pizza with a salad.  We watched the usuals, started a film called Dark Waters,  and we went to bed earlier than usual, tired from the day, excited about our road trip.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...