Saturday, May 29, 2021

Still Raining

6:57

It looks like I won't be kayaking again this morning.  It's been raining for at least 24 hours(1.75 inches) and won't stop until late morning.  Plus it's still chilly out, 43º, so I am going to stay inside, cozy on my couch, listening to podcasts, Spike Lee on the resurrection of Knick's basketball. I just looked out and there's a pontoon floating by, with guys fishing in the rain, 

Evie's Garden This Morning

Friday was as I said yesterday, a rainy day, with light rain falling most of the day, quite a difference from the past few months. So the morning was a bore, with no kayaking for me, no working in the garden for Evie. I spent a good part of the morning reading, waiting to go to the eye doctor at 11:15.  I dropped Evie off at Wegman's at 11:10 and drove to the doctor's office for my appointment.  I saw two assistants who checked my eyes and my cataract surgery went well, with no problems.  I then drove to Home Depot to pick up something to kill roots in our septic but bought a cordless hedge cutter instead because Ryobi was having their once-a-year sale and I got the cutter for half price.  Can't pass up a deal right. I then picked up Evie who had been shopping for an hour and her cart showed it.  

It took a while to unload the groceries in the rain but by 12:30, all was put away and Evie made me a chicken salad sandwich. Yum.  I think I need a new series because I am tired of Queen Of The South and end up watching NBA games instead of the series. I then read, napped and by 2:30, joined Evie in the TV room and watched the end of a film called Insomnia, set in Alaska starring Al Pacino.  Once that finished, we suffered various apps and ended up watching a documentary on Dick Cheney. We must have been hard up for something to watch but it was interesting, as he looks back at his controversial years and shows no regrets about his decisions, like the Iraqi war.  It's on Showtime and seemed objective, not a hit job.

For dinner, Evie marinated a couple of pork steaks with ground chilies and spices, grilled them, made a pot of rice and with corn on the cob we had a tasty dinner. We watched Jeopardy, another episode of The Handmaids Tale, and an acclaimed film, Minari, about a Korean family settling on a farm in Arkansas.  It was a bit slow for me but the eight-year-old son won us both over with his charm and cuteness. 

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...