Tuesday, May 4, 2021

A Couple Of Gray Days

Immature Bald Eagle

Great Blue Heron

6:13

Lots of gray skies but little rain over the past 24 hours, perhaps a quarter of an inch.  The same this morning, a lake of shades of gray, a 55º morning, with hardly a whisper of wind.  It's 8:30 and I just returned from a good paddle, over to Long Point and back and I was lucky to see mergansers, wood ducks, herons, and eagles, a great morning for waterfowl.  And for the second time, I observed a loon dive deep into the lake and never saw him again although I waited for five minutes and looked in all directions.  Amazing. 

Kayak Morning

Wood Ducks

Victoria/Woodlawn

Merganser Poppa And The Boys

Loon

Yesterday as I mentioned was overcast and I endured a light drizzle when I kayaked in the morning,  It drizzled just enough to dampen my clothes.  We both felt energetic after our breakfast and writing of the blog.  So we went out and spent a good part of the day working in the yard.  I planted a couple more bushes in the front yard and we gave the privets another cutting.  I cut on one side of the fence, Evie on the other and we filled up a couple of buckets with twigs.  We also did some raking of the beds of leaves and deadfall so that I had to make two trips up the hill to the woodpile.  That took most of the morning.

Momma Robin

Hawk On Our Martin Gourds

Before lunch, I changed the oil on the lawnmower and cleaned the plugs so Evie was ready to mow the lawn.  First, she made me tuna sandwiches for lunch and I finished off the last of the cauliflower soup. I then read and napped, serenaded by Evie's lawnmower. By 2:30, we were finished in the yard and could relax although Evie did some weeding later in the afternoon. 

Trekking Ready


Around 4:00 I decided to trek the Woodlawn/Victoria "mountains."  I was out a half-hour, enjoying the rapid greening of the woods. And like this morning when I went out to kayak, it started to rain as I walked so that once again, I returned home with wet clothes and had to hang them in the hot room.  

Victoria/Woodlawn

We both were able to enjoy a spritzer before dinner, the leftover moussaka with a salad and rolls.We watched a new series on HDTV, Hometown Makeover, with Ben and Erin,  the couple with like from Hometown.  It's a bit cheesy, too much drama so we may skip it.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and a new four-episode series from Acorn TV called Bloodlines. We watched the first two episodes, the second episode ending with a big surprise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...