Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Humid Days

5:56


6:06

It's 6:36 with sunrise at 6:00, overcast, however, at the moment on a 67º morning. A few bass boats are out already, floating down the lake. We may get some rain later in the day but I don't count on it. I had a long paddle over to Tom's Point and back and was out for at least an hour on a quiet, smooth lake, no wind to speak of. 

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn

Juvenile Bald Eagle

Mom And Pop Bald Eagles

Bald Eagle

Yesterday was another busy garden day as Evie has begun to plant her dahlias.  She started with 70, had to throw out maybe 20, so she had at least 50 to plant without enough room for all of them.  So we are planning on enlarging the garden areas some to accommodate the dahlias.  My mornings don't change much, obviously, up early, coffee, a paddle, breakfast and finish the blog.  Evie was up early yesterday so when I went out to kayak at 7:30, she was out in her garden, starting to turn the dirt, plan which dahlias to plant and where.  

Purple Martins Settling In To Their Condos

Chautauqua Lake Bridge

When I returned, I gathered my buoys, put them in my rowboat, and went out to the front of our dock and set up the buoys to discourage boats from cutting in front of our swimming and fishing area.  It works pretty well and is worth the effort.  I then joined Evie and worked in the garden along with her, mostly ending and digging and turning until it was time for lunch.  The garden is starting to look kept.

Lunch was the leftover spaghetti and chili, topped with cheese and sour cream, a healthy lunch! I watched part of my series than some of an NBA game that I saved from the night before.  It's fun to watch Serbian Nicola Jokic, the center for Denver, a potential league MVP.  I then returned to my book, briefly napped and was soon out in the yard, offering to help Evie who was still planting dahlias and watering them.  

Because we were both tired from gardening in the heat, we decided on an easy dinner, so I drove to Mayville, washed the Honda which was filthy from sitting under a pine tree for ten days, shopped at Tops and picked up a rotisserie chicken from the Lighthouse for dinner.

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters from 5:00 to 6:00 while red potatoes baked in the oven for our dinner.  We had chicken, salad, and baked potatoes for dinner and it was a good choice, easy and tasty.  We watched a couple of Jeopardy's, Colbert, Hometown, and an episode of The Handmaid's Tale before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...