Monday, May 31, 2021

Fog Rising

6:40

I was up at 5:30 for some reason, to a cold 39º and fog so I have been sitting here, with my coffee, reading the Times and Post, waiting for it to warm up and the fog to burn off before I hit the water. It looks like a cool but nice Memorial Day here at the lake.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Sunday was surprisingly cool, good for working outside with fleece but not for a boat ride because of the wind and choppy lake.  I got in an early paddle, had breakfast, went for a walk around the neighborhood with Evie and did not do much else the rest of the day.  I still don't have much mojo, enough to get a few things done but then I have to rest up.  

Wood Duck Couple

Great Blue Heron, Hang Out In A Tree

Evie, fortunately, makes up for my lack of energy and worked much of the day weeding her garden and planting the last of the dahlias.  I helped some, most with lugging water from the lake, adding Miracid for acid-loving plants, and watering the rhododendrons and hydrangeas.  Around 12:30, Evie fried up a couple of eggs and we had them with banana nut muffins and watched a bit of CBS Sunday Morning but it was too nice out to stay inside. Evie went out to continue working in the yard and I read some and took a nap, a lazy boy I guess.  Afterward, I did some trimming with my new Ryobi hedge trimmer and I love it, no cord but powered by a battery pack. 

The rest of the afternoon I watched some NBA playoffs, especially the Atlanta game because I wanted to watch second-year phenom Trey Young.  He is fun to watch and I watched part of the Laker game as they lost to Phoenix.  I wasted much of the day watching the games, alas, but I did not feel like doing much else.

Around 6:30, we had our dinner, a couple of filets, with a salad and baked potato, a classic dinner. We sat inside as it got dark, watching our shows, thinking we should really be outside and enjoy the waning of the day.  We finished our dinner with vanilla ice cream topped with blueberries and raspberries and watched a terrible film on Netflix, The Woman In The Window.  Unfortunately, I did not check Rotten Tomatoes for a rating. We ended the evening with another episode of the boring Handmaids Tale. Once we finish Season Three I doubt we will watch Four, at least not for a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...