Thursday, May 13, 2021

What A Morning

6:38

9:02

The sun has never been brighter than this morning.  I could hardly look outside when I came downstairs because it was so bright.  It's still a chilly 40º, with a calm lake, not a ripple, and the sounds of happy purple martins, house building.  It's  later than usual and I just returned from breakfast and a short paddle. The lake is as clear and calm as I have ever seen it, typical for this time of the year.  We have lots to get done today, preparing for our trip and getting the house and yard in good shape before we leave. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a busy day in the yard, for both of us.  After a good paddle, breakfast, and the blog, we decided to spend the day working in the beds around our house.  By 10:00, then, we were both out weeding and edging on a coolish morning.  My job was to strip the grass along the edge of the beds so there was a nice curve to the beds.  I filled a wheelbarrow with grass and put it in our compost pile.  By noon, I was done and Evie took time out to make me avocado toast for lunch to go along with her noodle soup.

I am still not yet back to normal so I was really tired after working the yard and took another good nap, obviously still needing it.  Evie took some time out to relax in the side yard, the sun warming and bright.  After my nap, I worked some on getting our car ready and clean for our trip tomorrow, if gas is available, to Topsail, NC.  We will make a decision later in the day.  I took a couple of pails of yard scraps up the hill and checked out our local gas station, Hogan's, and it had gas and there did not seem to be a run on gas.  Around 5:00, we finished arranging the back porch with all of Evie's dahlias and geraniums so they will be easy to water by our neighbor, Barb, when we are gone.

We had a brief happy hour to celebrate the work done in the yard, with a nice bowl of popcorn.  Evie had no worry about dinner because we had quite a bit of chicken piccata leftover from Tuesday.  She made up a couple of plates with the chicken and rice, heated it in the microwave and we had dinner.  We did not want to start a new series so we stuck with Colbert, Jeopardy, and a home improvement show.  It was a productive day for both of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...