Friday, May 28, 2021

A Rainy Day

8:14

I just walked outside to kayak and realized it was already raining, so I decided to forget it and came back inside and starting to write the blog. It's chilly, too, and supposed to rain off and on most of the day. We need it.

A Great Blue Heron On Our Dock



CLA Barge Patrolling

Yesterday was not a nightmare, just a huge bore. I had an appointment forty-five minutes away in Warren, PA for cataract surgery at 11:15.  We left at 10:15, arriving a bit early.  We then sat in the waiting room for two hours, until 1:20 before I was called by the nurse.  I then waited for a good half hour to get a bed, another 15 until they wheeled me away for the surgery which lasted probably 10 to 15 minutes at the most. I then woke from the anesthesia, sat around for ten minutes to get my bearing, and then out of there by 2:30. It was not a fun day for either of us, especially me who hates to wait.  I assume it went well and gradually, I will be able to see better although I will still need another surgery on the other eye in two weeks. While I was getting the surgery, Evie smartly left the waiting room and did some shopping at Walmart, five minutes away.  

We arrived home finally around 3:15 and I promptly went upstairs and napped.  Evie, meanwhile, powered up the mower and cut the lawn, knowing that was supposed to rain both Friday and Saturday as well as cool off some,. I did not do much other than read, pleased that I was able to do it despite the surgery.  We had an interesting dinner, fried potatoes, roasted cauliflower, and fried eggs, surprisingly good.  We were both hungry no doubt. We watched a Colbert, then Jeopardy, and we were both about to forget about The Handmaids Tale, mostly because we were sick of the extended closeups of Elizabeth Moss's face until it seems clear they are going to rebel against the men.  Maybe it will get more exciting, with more action, less dramatic pauses. Maybe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...