Monday, May 10, 2021

Mo Betdah

6:17

It's a splendid morning, the yard washed by yesterday's rains.  The lake is once again blue, the sky clear and I am feeling better.  I still have coughing jags, need Kleenex, and lack mojo, but I am thinking about kayaking, a good sign

Yesterday, Mother's Day, was not too exciting for Evie as we hung out in our house on a rainy day.  Since it was wet and cloudy, neither of us had anything we had to do and Evie could not do any gardening. So we sat around much of the morning, listening to the various news programs.  We both have wondered if I had Covid and not a cold.  All my symptoms suggested a cold and we were both 99% sure I had a cold but just to be sure, I made an appointment with Rite Aid for 11:00, went through their drive-thru, swabbed both nostrils for ten seconds, and was on my way home.  Since we are going to Topsail Beach, NC this weekend, it makes sense to be sure I am healthy.  

Evie had a great breakfast ready when I came home, homemade muffins and scrambled eggs. Yum.  We finished around 1:00 and I promptly went upstairs and took a nap. I missed the fun of our neighbor's grandson's coming over to Treasure Chest for the second week.  Evie doesn't have the heart to tell them it's a once-a-summer occasion but she loves it as do the boys.  The rest of the afternoon was Sunday at the movies.  We watched Sally Field in A Place In The Sun and I watched Steve Mc Queen in the classic 1960's film  Bullitt.  Both were fun and it was a good way to waste a gray afternoon.  While we were watching the films, Evie had pork ribs and sauerkraut slow cooking the oven.  

We enjoyed our dinner, the pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes, and Evie even had seconds.   We watched the last two episodes of When Angels Fly, a strange series from Israel. I liked it more than Evie but we both felt the actors were amazing.  Briefly, four soldiers struggle with PTSD.  It mars their relationships, their love lives, and eventually, they end up in Bogata, uncovering a drug cartel while searching for a lost girlfriend  Confusing? Yep.  We watched another Hometown and Jeopardy, not wanting to start a new series.  I finished my book, Sooley, and liked it, and reading it was a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...